Delta Airlines allows passengers to carry their necessities when planning a holiday or business trip. However, specific guidelines need to be followed so it becomes convenient for the airline to manage the baggage and transfer it safely to you. The airline considers the number of bags, size, weight, and specific items aren't allowed. Is there any baggage cost on Delta Airlines?
Delta Baggage Fees
If you have booked a ticket for Delta Comfort and Main Cabin traveling on a domestic flight within the US, two bags are allowed, and the standard chargers are:
- First checked bag: $ 30, and up to 23 kg is permitted.
- Second checked bag: $40, and up to 23 kg is allowed.
Moreover, you can carry a free bag and one personal item. Afterward, it is considered excess and overweight baggage.
Delta Baggage size
The size of the passenger's bags must not exceed 62 inches, including length+, width + height. Otherwise, your baggage will be treated as cargo, and the airline may charge additional costs.
Excess Delta bags
Check the excess baggage fees and rules for Delta domestic flights:
- Third checked bag: $ 150 needs to pay and 23 kg is allowed.
- Fourth, up to the Tenth bag, you are supposed to pay $ 200 for each piece of luggage.
Overweight Delta bags
You are granted permission by Delta airline for:
- More than 23 kg but not more than 31.75 kg. Consider paying $ 100.
- 32 kg to 45.36 are allowed, but Delta Airlines luggage costs $ 200.
Oversize Delta bags
Delta Airlines baggage charges if the size limits exceed:
- 63"- 80" linear inches after paying $ 200.
- Bags larger than 80 inches are permitted.
This doesn't guidelines aren't meant for Delta SkyMiles, American Express Card, Medallion Status, and Active Military.
For travelers who are active members of the United States Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, or Air Force, there is a baggage fee exception if you travel for leisure or military orders.
Military Checked Baggage Allowance
The size of your baggage can be between 62 and 80 inches. You are allowed the free luggage:
- Two bags of 23 kg each if booked for the basic economy, main cabin, and Delta comfort.
- Three bags of 23 kg each when buying the tickets Delta Premium selects.
- Three packs of 32 kg each, if first class, and Delta one ticket are purchased.
Five bags of 45 kg each are allowed without paying any Delta Airlines luggage cost.
Carry on Baggage
You are allowed to bring one personal item and one carry-on bag:
- The carry-on bag size is 45 linear inches and must fit in the overbin.
- Personal items can include purses, laptop bags, and items that can be
Check the guidelines of Delta Baggage
Here are the instructions flyers need to follow:
- Passengers can pay for the baggage at the time of check-in. You can check in online or through the Fly Delta app within 24 hours of the flight schedule.
- You must inform the airline about the number of bags carried to the airport.
- For domestic flights, passengers can redeem the miles for the checked baggage.
If you need clarification, dial the Delta Airlines Phone at 1 (800) 221-1212 / +1 802 304-5759 for assistance. Visit the website for more details.
Disclaimer: Travojungle is an independent travel booking website and we are not linked to any third party. All the logos and trademarks available on our website are only for information purpose that completely belongs to their respective owners.Copyright © 2019- travojungle.com. All Rights Reserved.