In case your flight has been canceled by Delta Airlines or you have requested the cancellation of your flight reservation due to some reason, you are eligible to request a refund on both of the conditions. Delta Airlines has its own policies for providing refunds that determine if passengers will receive a full or partial refund. You must request a refund for the Delta flight ticket, which can be done on different mediums that you will learn further.
What are the Delta Airlines refund policies?
The policies which are imposed by Delta Airlines for the refund are listed here:
- A flight ticket must be canceled on time to request a refund at Delta.
- A ticket that is canceled within 24 hours of the reservation will be refunded fully on the medium the purchase was made.
- The ticket canceled after the completion of 24 hours from reservation will be refunded partially. The service charge and the applied taxes will be deducted from the paid amount for the ticket.
- When the flight is canceled by Delta for technical or internal issues, a full refund will be given to the passengers on the same mode of payment.
- If you request a refund of a non-refundable Delta flight ticket, then it will be received as credit points to be used for future purchases.
- A refund for a delayed flight cancellation is also provided without any deduction.
- The refunds by the Delta Airlines process take a maximum of 14 working days.
What are the methods for requesting a refund from Delta Airlines?
The refund from Delta Airlines can be requested either by filling out the refund form or calling customer service to submit the request to an official. Below the method is provided for requesting the refund with both methods.
Process for filling out the refund form
The refund form is present on the Delta Airlines web page that a person can fill out to send their request to the airline. For the same, you will require to adhere to these points:
- Go to the web page of Delta,
- Next, select Refund Help on the Need Help tab,
- You will get the required refund form on your screen,
- Tap on the “Request a refund or reimbursement” link,
- There mention the required details on the refund forearm,
- And then submit it to Delta Airlines.
Process for calling customer service for a refund
Delta Airlines customer service can be contacted for a refund for a canceled flight ticket. Here are the points that you must follow:
- Place the call on Delta customer service,
- Wait for the call to join with a person,
- Next, state your reason for applying for the refund,
- The person will take your flight details and contact info,
- And within some time, the request for the refund will be submitted to Delta Airlines.
How to check the refund status at Delta Airlines?
When you submit a request for a refund at Delta, you receive a refund request number in the provided email. That number is used for checking the status of the refund. It can be checked online on the “Refund Help” page by putting the number and the other details, or you may contact an official and share the number to check the status.
Disclaimer: Travojungle is an independent travel booking website and we are not linked to any third party. All the logos and trademarks available on our website are only for information purpose that completely belongs to their respective owners.Copyright © 2019- travojungle.com. All Rights Reserved.