Many passengers have complaints regarding Lufthansa flight delays and cancellations or regarding their luggage during their trip. They wish to receive a refund from the air carrier for the travel inconvenience caused during the journey. If you are wondering about the process to get a refund from Lufthansa Airlines, Then you must use the online approach given below. Also, you must read the information about the time taken by the airlines to receive a refund. Whenever passengers fail to use the online method to request a refund, they can contact customer care services and get their refund-related issues resolved instantly.
Lufthansa refund policies:
- To get a full refund, it is important customers make a refund request within the initial 24 hours of booking.
- Refund requests made after 2 hours are not eligible for full money back; in fact, there will be deductions.
- If Lufthansa cancels or delays flights for more than 3 hours, customers can either travel via alternate flights arranged by the airlines or claim a refund.
- For lost baggage also, customers are eligible to request a refund.
The online process to receive a refund from Lufthansa Airlines:
There are many cases in which passengers who have traveled with Lufthansa Airlines want to get a refund for their bookings. These have the flexibility to obtain their money back by filling out the online refund form. The steps to get back refund from Lufthansa are given below:
- Visit the Lufthansa Airlines website.
- Now you need to find your booking by clicking on the “My bookings” option.
- You can either log in or use your booking code and passenger's last name in the field given and click on the “Find bookings” option.
- Once you find your ticket, you need to scroll a little unless you come across an online refund form.
- Once you see the fields, you must enter all the mandatory details and other relevant booking documents and tap on the submit button.
- Passengers must also specify their reason for obtaining a refund from Lufthansa Airlines.
Contact Lufthansa customer care services to get a refund:
The other way to get a refund from Lufthansa Airline is by calling. Customers must dial the toll-free number of the air carrier: 1 (800) 645-3880 / 1 (802) 304-5759.
After the call is welcomed and narrated by an automated voice, they must obey the guided instructions; finally, when the calls are connected to corresponding representatives, they can mention their issue and reason for requesting a refund. If it is found valid and supportive documents are attached, customers will get their amount back based on the medium of initial transactions. The time taken to receive the money back is described below.
How much time is taken by Lufthansa Airlines to refund the passenger’s money?
There are several passengers who wonder how much time is taken by the airline to return their money. The airline refund Lufthansa flight ticket fare to ticket holders within 7-10 business days if they have initially used an online mode of transaction, and if they have selected an offline mode of transaction, then the refund period might stretch up to 20 business days after the refund request is processed. Customers have the facility to track their refund status online or by contacting customer services.
Disclaimer: Travojungle is an independent travel booking website and we are not linked to any third party. All the logos and trademarks available on our website are only for information purpose that completely belongs to their respective owners.Copyright © 2019- travojungle.com. All Rights Reserved.