American Airlines AAdvantage program allows loyal customers to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles for various travel benefits, including booking award flights and upgrading their travel experience. If you're an AAdvantage member and want to make the most of your miles, here's a step-by-step guide on how to use AAdvantage miles to upgrade flights and upgrade AAdvantage miles in American Airlines.
Using AAdvantage Miles for Award Flights:
- To begin with, you should have an AAdvantage account. In case you don't have one, sign up for the AAdvantage program on the American Airlines website. It's free to join, and you'll receive an AAdvantage membership number.
- Earn AAdvantage miles by flying with American Airlines or its partner airlines, using co-branded credit cards, booking hotels, renting cars, and participating in other eligible activities.
- Go to the official American Airlines website https://www.aa.com/ and log in to your AAdvantage account using your membership number and password.
- Use the booking search tool to find flights eligible for award redemption. Enter booking details like travel dates, departure and destination airports, and the number of passengers traveling.
- When you find a suitable flight, choose the "Pay with Miles" option during the booking process; it allows you to use your AAdvantage miles as payment.
- Review the available flight options and select the one best suits your preferences. Pay attention to the mileage cost associated with each option.
- Follow the instructions running on the screen, and you will be able to complete the booking. If required, provide passenger information and pay any applicable taxes and fees not covered by your AAdvantage miles.
Upgrading with AAdvantage Miles:
- Open any regular browser and go to the official American Airlines website https://www.aa.com/
- Use your AAdvantage membership number and password to log in to your account.
- Look for the "Manage Trips" tab on the American Airlines website.
- Fill in the booking reference number and passenger's surname to retrieve your reservation.
- Once you have accessed your reservation, look for the option to upgrade. American Airlines will indicate if your flight and fare class upgrades are available.
- Choose the specific flight segment you wish to upgrade. American Airlines offers different upgrades, like Economy to Business Class or Business Class to First Class.
- American Airlines will display the mileage requirements for the upgrade. Ensure that you have enough American Airlines AAdvantage miles in your account to cover the upgrade cost. If you don't have enough miles, you may purchase additional miles or use a combination of miles and cash.
- Review the details of the upgrade, including any additional fees or taxes. Follow the prompts to complete the upgrade transaction.
Conclusion: By reading the information above, hopefully, you got updated about American Airlines' miles used and about its upgrade method. Moreover, when you Upgrade to miles, ensure you plan and check for upgrade availability well in advance. The upgrades are subject to availability and may vary depending on the flight, route, and class of service. Besides, if you have any doubts or require further details, you can speak to the American Airlines representative directly at 800-433-7300. American Airlines always assist you no matter what option you choose.
Disclaimer: Travojungle is an independent travel booking website and we are not linked to any third party. All the logos and trademarks available on our website are only for information purpose that completely belongs to their respective owners.Copyright © 2019- travojungle.com. All Rights Reserved.